If you are truly serious about your spirituality, a regular routine can enrich your spiritual awareness and strengthen your faith. This practice doesn’t just replace religion, it becomes your religion and an integral part of your life.
1. Meditate. Learn a formal way of meditating, or be contemplative in nature, alone, at work, or at home.
2. Live ethically. Do no harm and make your life a positive contribution to humanity. Work ethically for ethical companies or organizations. Change work if necessary. At least, stay on track toward a highly moral life work.
3. Live responsively. Read the signs for who you are to be and what you are to do.
4. Have a dream practice. Dreams give you strong hints about what’s going on and how you can adjust. Without them, you have no guidance but your own consciousness, which is too limited.
5. Be a mystic. Expand your sense of self through art and wonder. Achieve special states of awareness. Have a greater sense of self through losing yourself.